I've been struggling to insure my 1976 CJ7 because I've found most insurance companies won't insure a vehicle that old. The few I've found have rejected me because I'm only 21 and most have a minimum age of 24. Thanks.
So, you are looking for auto insurance for your Jeep CJ7 (1976)?
The true is, that 1976 Jeep CJ7 is an iconic piece of American history. Unlike many insurance companies in the United States, who want to tell you what your car is worth, there are insurers, who are able to work with you to determine the real value of your Jeep CJ7 and find the right insurance policy based on your preferences .
Minimum liability coverage amounts in Wisconsin are:
- $10,000 for property damage
- $25,000 for the injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for the injury or death of more than one person
- Driver Eligibility Unit
- Email Wisconsin DMV email service
- Phone (608) 264-7447
Cheapest Car Insurance - Companies in Wisconsin
A good source of information related to auto insurance in Wisconsin can be found on usnews.com.
- Progressive: $800
- Travelers: $1,100
- Allstate: $1,700
- State Farm: $750
- Geico: $520
- USAA: $550
- Nationwide: $940
- American Family Insurance: $1,0120
- Erie Insurance: $970
- Farmers Insurance: $1,420
Is your car eligible for Classic Car Coverage?
- At least 20 years old
- A rarity because of unique design and exceptional craftsmanship and condition OR
- A replica or reproduction of an antique or classic vehicle
- Maintained for either pleasure or the occasional use in exhibitions, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest
Maximum annual mileage limit
- Ted Nickel, NAIC President (Midwest Zone)
- State of Wisconsin
- Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
- PO Box 7873
- Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7873
- Phone: 608.266.3585
- Fax: 608.266.9935
- Street Address:
- 125 South Webster Street
- GEF III – 2nd Floor
- Madison, Wisconsin 53703-3474
Department of InsuranceTo request professional legal assistance with an insurance question or file an insurance-related complaint online, please visit website of licensed in your State.
Ask for better quotes - onlineThe states with the cheapest car insurance has average rates for this vehicle around $15 dollars, and the states with the most expensive rates are around $110 a month/year. The right discount can save you hundreds of dollars off your car insurance bill. Auto insurance companies in Minocqua, Wisconsin use rating factors, to determine how much to charge you for coverage. These rating factors include: the make, model and year of your CJ7 and similar vehicles.
Myths about car insuranceHow much do you pay to insure your CJ7? Car insurance rates among states vary widely and insurance companies need to figure out if the applicant is too risky for them to insure. Auto insurance is very expensive, probably one of the most costly part of driving. How much do you pay for your policy in Minocqua, Wisconsin? 50$? More or less?
Minimum insurance requirements
Wisconsin law requires the following minimum liability coverages per accident:
- $25,000 for injury or death, per person.
- $50,000 total for injury or death to multiple people in a single accident.
- $10,000 for property damage.
In Wisconsin, your car insurance policy must meet the following minimum coverage requirements per accident for uninsured and underinsured coverage:
- $25,000 for injuries per person.
- $50,000 for total injuries per accident.