Which insurance companies in the United States has the best car insurance rates for college students? Is there any study with such information? Is it possible to get affordable car insurance for students in my state? The sad fact number 1: getting cheaper car insurance - as college students - may be difficult, especially if you cannot be on your parent's policy! But, there are some exceptions and options for college students. In some US states are some insurance companies, that offer a lot of students-related discounts. How about you? What do you think, who has the cheapers auto insurance for students who don't drive often?
GEICO: Student discounts available
- Good student discount - available when you maintain a “B” average or better
- Good driver discount - if you have not been in an accident within the last 5 years
|GEICO||GEICO has low quotes|
|State Farm||Nice Student Discounts|
|Metromile||Low Mileage Drivers|
|State Farm||Mobile Apps and customer rating|
Progressive's ways to save
- Bundling auto & property
- Snapshot: it is a program that personalizes your rates based on your actual driving
- Compare auto rates
- Try the Name Your Price® Tool
- Good student discount (young people discount)
- Teen driver discount (good for students)
- Complete list of Progressive's auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance discounts with State Farm
It look like State Farm, Farmers and Allstate offers the best car insurance for college students...(below table)
- Accident-Free Discount
- Defensive Driving Course Discount
- Student Away at School Discount
- Good Driving Discount
- Driver Training Discount
- Good Student Discount
- Vehicle Safety Discount
- Passive Restraint Discount
- Anti-Theft Discount
|Company||Good Student Discount|
Motto: Great auto insurance that's also a great value...statefarm.com
- AMERICAN FAMILY
- college-student discounts, including price breaks for good grades and going away to school without a car.
- A smaller insurer.
- USAA is consistently a top-rated insurance company that offers discounts for good grades Important: students must qualify for USAA coverage.
Questions to ask before buying car insurance for college students
- The 8 best car insurance companies for college students
- Affordable car insurance for college students in 21st century
- The best ways to find discounts on car insurance for college students
- Advice for college students getting their first car insurance in my state!
- Car insurance for college students: what i need to know
- Although college is very expensive, auto insurance for college students does not need to be.
- List of insurers that offer cheap car insurance for college students
- We've got tips on auto insurance for college students that are good!
- Learn how your car insurance works when you go off to college.
- Depending on where you live in, you might be paying a lot less for your insurance, especially as a student!
- Dave Jones, Commissioner
- (Chair, Western Zone)
- California Department of Insurance
- 300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1700
- Sacramento, California 95814
- Phone: 916.492.3500
- Fax: 916.445.5280
- 45 Fremont Street, 23rd Floor
- San Francisco, California 94105
- Phone: 415.538.4010
- Fax: 415.904.5889
- 300 South Spring Street
- South Tower
- Los Angeles, California 90013
- Phone: 213.346.6464
- Fax: 213.897.9051
Department of InsuranceTo request professional legal assistance with an insurance question or file an insurance-related complaint online, please visit website of licensed in your State.
Ask for better quotes - onlineThe states with the cheapest car insurance has average rates for this vehicle around $11 dollars, and the states with the most expensive rates are around $84 a month/year. The right discount can save you hundreds of dollars off your car insurance bill. Auto insurance companies in California, Florida, Louisiana use rating factors, to determine how much to charge you for coverage. These rating factors include: the make, model and year of your Ford, Toyota, Chrysler and similar vehicles.
Myths about car insuranceHow much do you pay to insure your Ford, Toyota, Chrysler? Car insurance rates among states vary widely and insurance companies need to figure out if the applicant is too risky for them to insure. Auto insurance is very expensive, probably one of the most costly part of driving. How much do you pay for your policy in California, Florida, Louisiana? 38$? More or less?
Minimum insurance requirements
The minimum amount of liability insurance you must have on your policy is:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property.