In the last few years California has experienced minimal average rate increases. So...why auto insurance rates are likely to rapidly increase in 2018? . If you own and drive a car and insure it in California, you probably know, auto insurance rates in you location rising. There are many factors that affect your car insurance rates, including your age, gender, location, credit and driving history. Why did your car insurance go up and what are the best tactics to lower your actual car insurance?
There are several reasons:
Some studies are telling us, American drivers are taking their eyes off the road more than ever before. Another statistics saying, that drivers in Glendale city are paying the highest car insurance rates in California. Should you brace yourself for higher car insurance costs? Not necessarily.
- People are driving and crashing more
- Your credit history is poor or not perfectly clean
- Insurance companies are less transparent about "rating" factors
- No-Fault Policies - which typically include medical bills and lost earnings
- The growing cost of labor is a major contributor to overall increases in repair costs.
- Dave Jones, Commissioner
- (Chair, Western Zone)
- California Department of Insurance
- 300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1700
- Sacramento, California 95814
- Phone: 916.492.3500
- Fax: 916.445.5280
- 45 Fremont Street, 23rd Floor
- San Francisco, California 94105
- Phone: 415.538.4010
- Fax: 415.904.5889
- 300 South Spring Street
- South Tower
- Los Angeles, California 90013
- Phone: 213.346.6464
- Fax: 213.897.9051
Department of InsuranceTo request professional legal assistance with an insurance question or file an insurance-related complaint online, please visit website of licensed in your State.
Ask for better quotes - onlineThe states with the cheapest car insurance has average rates for this vehicle around $20 dollars, and the states with the most expensive rates are around $143 a month/year. The right discount can save you hundreds of dollars off your car insurance bill. Auto insurance companies in California, Los Angeles use rating factors, to determine how much to charge you for coverage. These rating factors include: the make, model and year of your Toyota, Ford, Chrysler and similar vehicles.
Myths about car insuranceHow much do you pay to insure your Toyota, Ford, Chrysler? Car insurance rates among states vary widely and insurance companies need to figure out if the applicant is too risky for them to insure. Auto insurance is very expensive, probably one of the most costly part of driving. How much do you pay for your policy in California, Los Angeles? 65$? More or less?
Minimum insurance requirements
The minimum amount of liability insurance you must have on your policy is:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property.